About the Young Entrepreneur Academy
The Young Entrepreneur Academy (YEA!) is the only one of its kind in New York City. Originally developed with support from the Kauffman Foundation at the University of Rochester in 2004, YEA!’s mission is to develop and deliver experience-based entrepreneurship programs to young people to:
- Enable them to transition successfully to adulthood
- Help them to pursue their dreams by harnessing their creativity and energy
- Help them transform their ideas into tangible enterprises that create economic and social value for a better world
- Develop the character of tomorrow’s leaders based on personal principles and values
- Enable educational institutions and Chambers of Commerce to provide successful and effective entrepreneurship programs for middle and high school students
- Create a culture of innovation in schools and communities across the nation
- Foster the entrepreneurial mindset in young people, educators, and community members
The United States Chamber of Commerce Foundation became a national sponsor and partner of the Young Entrepreneur Academy in 2011. Today, YEA! serves thousands of students in 168 countries, teaching them how to make a job, not just take a job.
YEA! provides a focused introduction to the business world, combining a dynamic, proven curriculum with the experiences of local leaders of industry, community members, educators and entrepreneurs. The goal of all YEA! classes is for each student to successfully launch their own business.
YEA! in the Headlines:
Staten Island Advance